If you want to sync (and therefore, backup) you bookmarks from your browser (these are your saved web-pages) most major browsers help you do this! It is great!
You can be sure that your favorites from one browser are available wherever you go, including on most mobile devices. See below for a few step-throughs on the most common browsers but please remember these all assume you are up-to-date in all your browsers.
If you have any trouble with these it is recommended that you back up your favorites, etc. to be sure! Head to this article for step-by-step instructions.
Microsoft EdgeNote: Microsoft Edge Sync is related to your sign in and use in Windows 10. Be sure you are signed in correctly in Windows 10. Please also note, if you are using IE 11 on a Windows 10 machine it should sync these as well. From Microsoft's help page:
- To turn on syncing in Windows Settings:
- Select the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Accounts > Sync your settings and turn on Sync settings.
- You will only need to do this on your "main" computer, Edge will still sync elsewhere. See Next.
- To turn on syncing in Microsoft Edge on your PC:
- Select More > Settings.
- Turn on Sync.
- (Be sure you do this on both devices you want to sync)