If you just signed into a new computer or have not opened the Outlook app on your computer you will want to set it up for easy access to your email, contacts and calendar. Here is how from Microsoft:
Open Outlook 2016.
IMPORTANT: If you are signing into a computer at school your email may automatically load with this box:
(Your name will be a long string of code and characters. That is good!)
Please do the following:
- Select the button that says "Options"
- Indicate from the choices you want this to be your "Default Profile"
- Click "OK"
- Now it will remember you in the future!
- Next it will confirm your email address and you will be prompted to enter your password. BE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS "REMEMBER MY CREDENTIALS" and then click "OK."
- It will load up for you! (The first time always takes a little longer so, please be patient)
If loading from anywhere else than a computer at school:
Select File > Add Account.
Enter your email address, then select Connect or, if your screen looks different, enter your name, email address, and password, and then select Next.
If prompted, enter your password and select OK.
That's it. Select Finish to start using Outlook 2016.