Are you not convinced that Advanced Search in Explora is for you? (Head here if you realize it is way better.) Or, are you a younger user? Here is how to use Explora Basic Search from their own article:
From the Explora home screen, you can quickly search for the information you need to complete research and classroom assignments.
To create a Basic Search:
Enter your search terms in the search box on the home screen. The Autocomplete feature will anticipate your search terms, so even if you misspell a term, relevant results will appear in the drop-down menu.
Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
- Click on the title to view the article details screen, or click the full-text link to view the complete article. Hover your cursor over the preview icon to view article details, or click the folder icon to save the article to your personal folder.
- The search field is displayed above the result list. Your search terms, limiters, and expanders are retained.
- To revise your search, you can apply the limiters under Refine Results. Click the Show More link to view all available limiters and expanders.
- If you click the Explora logo, you are returned to the Home Page with your search terms cleared and search parameters reset.
- If you click the Advanced Search link, you are taken to the Advanced Search Screen with your search terms carried forward.
Want more? Head to the original article here.
Need even more? Check the User's Guide.