Maranatha Christian Academy offers several tools to help our families while enrolled at MCA. Two of those tools that integrate are SmartTuition and SmartAid. SmartAid is one of the services in the SmartTuition family. These programs offer tools that enable families to maintain a greater control over their preferences financially. Here are some main points of distinction:
- All families enrolled at MCA are required to have a SmartTuition account. This service is our invoicing service for tuition, etc. so all families receive invoices from the SmartTuition account. SmartTuition allows for families to customize those invoicing options (paper, email, 24-7 online access, etc.)
- Families are able to access and edit their preferences on SmartTuition for each school year including:
- Payment Plan choices (12mo, 10mo, 1 time, 2 time payment plans)
- Payment Method choices (EFT, Credit, Electronic Check, Mail-in, Online Payments, etc.)
- 24-7 account access and assistance from Smart Account managers and customer service able to receive and apply payments, even via phone.)
- Mobile Device Application Account access and payment options
- SmartTuition servicing is included in Registration/Enrollment for MCA families. There is no additional fee to use SmartTution.
- For families seeking tuition assistance they are required to use SmartAid. This service is our aid application service that helps parents streamline and submit their financial aid applications. Families establish their own accounts and access to SmartAid.
- SmartAid provides a process whereby families seeking aid can collect and submit relevant data and documents for review and/or approval to help the school in identifying and matching available grants, scholarships, etc.
- SmartAid is accessible to families at any time but the process for submission is due by different deadlines (for current and new families.) SmartAid users should be sure they are aware of all deadlines before applying.
- All information must be submitted through SmartAid before an application will be accepted and reviewed.
- SmartAid applicants that receive review and applied aid will see their awards appear directly on their SmartTuition accounts.
- SmartAid servicing has a very small price point, as we understand this is for financial aid, for the family applying to manage. MCA does not pay for SmartAid processing; the applicant does.
SmartTution prescribes a high value on the security and privacy of its users. Please follow this link if you want more information.