Great Question! The Google Pixel uses the same operating system as most other "non-Apple" or "non-Microsoft" phones, Andriod! So, the instructions are the same. Google's own site has a helpful walk-through titled "Add or remove an Account" I have sampled below:
Add an account to your device
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Under "Personal," tap Accounts Add account.
- Tap the type of account you want to add ...
- To add a Microsoft Office 365 account, tap Personal (IMAP).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If Google updates their phone's operating system it would be wise to check back with them on how to check mail. Again, the site may be reached here.